Starting a new work day may be fun for some and a hustle for others, especially on Mondays. Maybe they are not your favorite, but it’s all in how you approach them. The first hours of your day at work have a significant effect on your of productivity, so it’s very important to have a morning routine that help you succeed the rest of your turn. Of course we want to help you have the best day ever (if we can). So here are compiled 5 things to do your first hours up to get a great start:
- Be punctual. Believe us, is not so obvious for some people. Arriving on time can help you get a feeling of accomplishment.
- Organize your day. Assess priorities in the first hour of work and to focus on what you absolutely need to accomplish. Don't do now the unimportant activities, that's just distracting. Make a to-do list and try to stick to it. Use your peak time each morning to do the most important tasks.
- Organize your workspace. Clear off the desk and create a neat workspace. This sets a tone for the rest of the day, says Alexandra Levit, the author of Blind Spots: The 10 Business Myths You Can’t Afford to Believe on Your New Path to Success.
- Take advantage of your cleared head. If you're one of the many people that feel that their brains function best in the morning, take advantage of this. If mornings is when you are most creative and productive, make the best use of your brainpower during your first hours at work.
- Plan a break! Take 5 for you, eat a healthy snack and connect with your team members, that is essential! You can even take 20 seconds to give them some deserved video feedback 😉